Thursday, January 13, 2005

I Set Myself Up for It

I was on the computer chatting with a friend when I excused myself to go AFK to put my daughter to bed. I could hear her and my husband playing in our bedroom. When I went in, I saw my husband laying on the bed and a big lump under the covers - one that giggled and kept saying "meow". (Our cat burrows under the covers during the day, so Rhi was playing kittycat.) So my husband meowed - which prompted Rhi to throw the covers off and say "Hey, Mommy! Daddy's a kitty cat!"

My husband then barked.

"Hey, Mommy! Daddy's a doggie?"

I said "No - daddy's not a doggie. If daddy were a doggie then that means you are a puppy and I'm a.... nevermind."

At that, my husband - the man who swore before God and our families to love, honor, and cherish me - looked at Rhi and said "I guess that means you're a puppy!"

To rub salt in the wound, Rhi started crawling around on her hands and knees going "woof!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home