Monday, March 28, 2005

Munchkin Madness

Having a toddler means no end of troub - er - delight for my husband and me.

Yesterday as we were leaving the family Easter party, someone asked her how old she was going to be in a few weeks. They then said "How many fingers?" Well, as this was happening, my aunt held out her hand to help Rhi out the door. So when she was asked how many fingers, she started counting my aunt's fingers.

Today Rhi said she wanted to play hide-and-seek. So she covered her eyes and began counting. Somewhere between 1 and 2 I think she got her games mixed up, because then she uncovered her eyes and shouted "peek-a-boom!" I think she got it from Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. One of her favorite parts of the book is when the little guy escaped from The Waiting Place and finds "the bright places where boom bands are playing." Any time she sees people playing instruments, she calls it a boom band.

I think this is also why she calls band-aids "boo-bands".

A few hours later she asked me for a drink. Well... at first she demanded. Climbed on a chair and shouted "Hey! I thirsty!" I went over to her and told her how to politely ask for a drink. After she repeated what I said, I took her to the kitchen and gave her some water. Next thing I know, she was shaking the cup up and down, splashing water all over the floor. I asked her what she was doing. She looked at me, looked at the cup in her hand, and then said "It jumped!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home