Thursday, March 10, 2005

Writer's Block

I try to update this blog more often - honest. I have sat down at various times during the week to write updates.

There was the gripe about bill collectors who send snide letters over accounts for which I'd never gotten an original bill. But because it was an account that I knew I owed the money, I made arrangements to pay the bill right away and once the payment was sent off my righteous indignation at the collector dissipated.

Then there was the gripe about the service at a restaurant we ate at over the weekend where they charged us for our daughter's meal despite their advertised special of "kids eat free". But I ended up talking to the manager of the place on the phone and he apologized profusely and said he would send us out a certificate for a free meal to make up for it. Between his being so pleasant to deal with and the fact that we really liked the food despite the ending to our visit, I'm a happy camper on that front now.

Then I was going to write about making soap with my daughter. My husband had gotten me a kit from a craft store so I spent a morning melting little block of plain soap and adding coloring and scent to it before pouring it into molds. It was fun, but not much else to talk about there - though it's a great way to get Rhi to take her baths because the very first soap we made was a turquoise glycerin dolphin that I told her was her soap.

Then I was going to write about my brother and the stress I've felt about having to go get his kids from an hour and a half away because he doesn't drive. I'd made up my mind that I was going to set limits on when I would and would not pick up my nephews and that I definitely would not make another trip until he started making progress towards getting his own license. But I was afraid to confront him on it because I didn't want him to think I was turning my back on him. Turns out I didn't need to do it. I'd told my mom about it and she ended up telling my brother. He understood and agreed 100% and as a result has signed up for driver's ed.

So obviously I have stuff going on. I just don't know how to write about it in a way that isn't just whining or that sounds totally inane and boring by the time I wrap it up.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Scone said...

Hey, maybe you could post about your birthday. Hope you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home