Monday, January 17, 2005

The Passage of Time

Just a moment...
A fraction of a second...
A blink of the eye...

And it is gone

But life has a way of going on
Dragging us into the future whether we want to go or not
More moments pass and the weeks turn to months
And eventually we sit back and wonder where the time has gone

All that remains are memories and scars
Laughter and tears
Soft, sad smiles of the good and the bad
Of the glory that was and the glory that never will be

And so I sit back and I think of the glory that once was
I wonder what may have happened if I had chosen another path
I wonder if the time spent on the past glories was worth it
Or if their purpose was a fleeting one - one gone in the blink of an eye

I smile at the memories
I wince at the scars
I cannot go back and choose another path
Nor would I if I could

The laughter and scars
The smiles and tears
The passage of time
Has made me who I am today

Imperfect
Flawed
Loved
Hated

Human

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home