Friday, January 21, 2005

The Waiting Place

One of my daughter's favorite books is Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. In it, he warns about coming to a most useless place: the Waiting Place. It is a dreary place where everyone just sits around waiting for *something*.

I am in the Waiting Place.

Today has been one of the longest days of my life because it is the day before I find out if I'm pregnant again. While I so desperately want it, I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Ha! Fat chance of that!

I picked up one of those home pregnancy tests. Wouldn't you know it - it says that I can be used up to 4 days earlier than standard home tests. But then looking at the instructions, I see that the accuracy if I did the test today would be 87%. Waiting 12 hours would put me at 99.9% accuracy.

And so I wait

...and wait

...and wait.


This really is a most useless place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home