Sunday, January 30, 2005

Rollercoaster

ok - I know it's been a week since my last update - and what a week it's been.

Remember that pregnancy test I last wrote about? Well, it was wrong. I took another on Tuesday and though the results were very faint, it was positive. Subsequent tests since then have also been faint but positive. But I was also getting cramps like I don't remember from my other pregnancies. There were indications that I may start bleeding. Because the test results remained faint, I started to worry that something was wrong and the baby isn't developing properly.

I worry very well - it's a family trait.

Through all of this I've tried to tell myself to just not think about it - that I can't stop whatever will happen and all I can do is take care of myself. Sometimes it works, too. But what works even better is speding time doing things with the little munchkin I already have. We've made pinecone birdfeeders. We've played games. We've cuddled while watching Beauty and the Beast. We've read stories - it's so wonderful when she tries to read to me! But perhaps the best is when I do start to get worried and sad. That's when she comes up, gives me a big hug, and says "It'll be ok, Mommy".

And I know that no matter what happens - if the pregnancy goes well or if there are problems - in the end, it will be ok.

1 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Scone said...

Oh sweetie; that's a rough thing to go through. Maybe it will help you to know that the times my pregnancy tests have shown up extremely positive are the times when the chemicals just weren't right and the babies didn't live. The test with Paladin was pretty faint, and he's been Baby Bam-Bam-- healthy and strong as an ox. I'm right there holding your hand through this, if only in spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home