Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What is this "Update" thing you speak of?

I guess I should make note that there is a new man in my life. Has been for over a week now.



Evan was born Saturday, September 17th at 7:10pm. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and is 21 inches tall. Wonderful, healthy little boy who has me wrapped around his finger.

Big sister is pretty fond of him too. She was there for the birth (with my mom there as well to keep an eye on her and explain things to her). When the nurses moved him from the warming bed to give him a bath and clean him up, Rhi got REAL defensive. "Hey! What are you doing to my brother?!" She also got her first anatomy lesson in "little boy parts". The nurses got a real kick out of her constantly asking "What happened to his butt?"

My husband, anticipating my impending hormonal mood swings, started preparing right away. He bought chocolate. Lots of it. Good chocolate - not supermarket checkout line candy bars. For ht past week if I start getting upset or frustrated at *anything* his first response is "Would you like some chocolate? It will make you feel better." Of course, he followed that up by buying frozen dinners that I could make for my lunches while he's at work - Lean Cuisine.

Need to have a talk with him about mixed signals.

Anyways, Evan had his first doctor visit yesterday and our family doctor confirmed that he's in good health, so even with the lack of sleep and tendonitis in my arm, I'm a happy camper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home