Monday, August 01, 2005

Child's Play

I figure that since it's been over a month since I've updated, by now I must have killed off whatever regular readership I may have had. Time to dust off the ol' blog and post something!

Spellbound



My daughter loves watching the Harry Potter movies and one of her favorite games now is to pretend our sofa is the flying car from The Chamber of Secrets. So she grabs me by the hand and takes me to the sofa (making sure I buckle my seat belt - I'm so proud of her!) and then we play out all the flying car scenes.

First we have to catch up to the train. Oh no! The train is actually behind us! AHHHHH!

Then we land in the whomping willow and it starts whomping the car! AHHHHH!

Then we have to run away from the spiders - AHHHHH! It is at this point in the movie when a giant spider reaches in the car window and grabs Ron. Harry has to cast a spell to get the spider off Ron. He aims his wand and shouts "Arania Exeme!" (or something that sounds like that - really don't know).

So Rhi turns to me and says "Oh no! A spider's got you!" She points a plastic drinking straw at me and casts her spell....

"A LOT OF EGGS ON YOU!"


Do the Bunny Hop



I've been trying to do some more arts-and-crafts type things with Rhi, so I went to a craft store and got all sorts of various supplies. Yesterday morning my husband had a migraine and so he slept in - I figured it was a good chance to work on a little project with Rhi. We sat at the table and made a little bunny puppet on a popsicle stick. After gluing all the pieces down, I told her we had to let the bunny dry before she could play with it. That was fine with her - she had another idea of what we could do.

She ran to her bedroom and came back out with two sets of bunny ears. She handed me one and said "Let's play bunny!"

So my husband woke up to the sight of his 3 year old running down the hall being waddled after by his 7-months pregnant wife - both still in pj's and both wearing bunny ears - playing bunny tag. She was Little Bunny, I was Mommy Bunny, her baby doll was Baby Bunny, and once fully awake (though still bewildered about what was going on) my husband was dubbed Big Nutbrown Hare.

I can think of worse ways to spend a weekend morning!

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Scone said...

Cute! I've been wondering how you're doing lately. Glad to see you again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home