Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Pretty Princess

Whew - it's Tuesday and I'm now finally able to start recovering from the weekend. It started Friday with my outpatient procedure that I was supposed to have the previous Monday. I got into the OR an hour later than I was scheduled and the spinal took about 2.5 hours longer to wear off than they expected. We got home late, I was sore, tired, and hungry - the day was totally shot for housework.

Saturday was a beautiful day, but I was still a bit sore plus I had to spend most of the day indoors cleaning the house. Luckily, the hubinator took the rugrat outside with him to do yardwork, so I didn't have to worry about her demands for attention or wanting to "help" me (which always makes a task last 3-4 times longer, but she's so cute I just can't resist letting her help). Still, I managed to get most of the house ready for The Big Event on Sunday - Rhi's 3rd birthday party.

Then she started coughing and sniffling. She woke up from her nap with her voice a bit hoarse. We feared that she would be too sick for the party and we'd have to cancel, so we called around to at least give people a head's up about it.

Sunday morning she awoke with no voice, but high spirits. Over night I had hung up large colorful foam butterflies and dragon flies on the walls. When she saw them she started bouncing up and down and clapping her hands. She was so excited and other than the lost voice didn't seem in bad shape, so the party was a go! That meant some last-minute cleaning before getting the food ready.

Now, I never claim to be a "normal" person. My husband, as much as he'd like to try, really can't convincingly make that claim either. We like medieval fantasy-type stuff. We make and play fantasy games. Our livingroom is decorated with gargoyles and dragons. So of course, this is reflected in our daughter as well. One of the gifts from my aunt and uncle was a little toy tiara and lei-style necklace all in white and iridescent sparkly stuff. So of course, Rhi spent then entire afternoon playing Cinderella. To add to it, my brother took sidewalk chalk and drew big dragons all over our concrete patio. She loved it!

Her actual birthday was Monday, so when I took her out to lunch I told her she could wear her crown and necklace. She was quite the hit at the coffee house (her favorite restaurant) and the post office.



With a smile like that, though, it was all worth it!

1 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Scone said...

Oh cute! She's growing up so fast! I'd forgotten she has the same birthday as my (one and only) nephew. Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home