Saturday, April 16, 2005

Monkey See, Monkey Do

It amazes me the things that Rhi will pick up on. This morning as my husband was flipping through a Science magazine, she quickly pointed to a picture and said "Jupiter!" - correctly identifying the planet though neither of us have tried teaching her the planet names yet. (While writing this a thought occurred to me and it checks out. She has a PowerTouch system (By Fisher Price. I'd link the website, but it uses pop-ups and flash intros. I'm sure you can look it up yourself if you are that intrigued.) and one of the books we got her was Blue's School. A page in the story is about space and there is a drawing of Jupiter on the page.)

Something else she did this morning was put me to bed. As I was standing in the kitchen, she came up, grabbed the drawstring on my pajama pants, and tugged me to my bedroom. Upon reaching the room, she turned on the light, then tugged me around the bed to my side where she ordered me to sit down. She went back to the doorway, turned off the light, said "Now go to sleep!" and shut the door.

I keep thinking that I should have started crying and begging for one more story, a glass of water, or to cuddle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home